Hype Transport Systems, Inc. (“Hype,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) is a 100% Filipino owned company dedicated to make the riding public’s experience more comfortable, easy and affordable. We value the trust you place in us, and respect the privacy of the personal data we receive from you. We are committed to keeping your information secure and confidential.
Information We Collect
When we transact or deal with you, we collect, acquire or process personal data that will allow us to deliver our services to you or become our partner. Aside from the personal information you provide to Hype directly, we may collect or acquire your personal data from publicly available sources or from third parties. The types of information we collect about you may differ depending on your circumstances and requirements as shown below.
A. Information You Provide to Us
When you sign up and create a profile for a Hype account, you give us the following information:
- Email address;
- Mobile number;
- Date of birth; and
- Credit card, debit card or payment information.
When you sign up, become an operator or a partner and drive with Hype, in addition to the basic registration information, we ask you for your:
- Government-issued Identification card;
- Telephone Number;
- Permanent Address;
- Mailing Address;
- Driver’s Addresses for the past 7 years;
- Place of Birth;
- Civil Status;
- Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- Social Security Number (SSS);
- PNP Clearance;
- NBI Clearance;
- Driver’s License information;
- Vehicle Information such as vehicle make, model and color, license or conduction plate, vehicle photo;
- Car Insurance Information;
- Provisional Authority (PA) or Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC) information,
- Next of kin information and contact details; and
- Other necessary business license or permits information.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Hype App or Services
When you use the Hype app on your device, we receive and collect the precise location of your device. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” and save other locations, we receive that information, too.
We also receive information from your devices such as IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system and version, unique device identifier, serial number, mobile carrier and manufacturer. In addition, we further collect mobile sensor data from Drivers’ devices (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns.
Riders and drivers may rate and review each other at the end of every ride. In such instances, we receive information about ratings and reviews or comments. We also collect transaction details related to your use of our services including: the type of services you requested or provided; scheduled trips; date and time the service was provided; amount charged; distance traveled; payment method; and passenger details such as PWD (Person with Disability), student or senior citizen.
Lastly, during installation of the Hype app, if you permit the app to have access to your contacts on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book for purposes of facilitating communication through our services. If you also permit the Hype app to access your photos on your device, your photos may be collected to be uploaded to your profile.
C. Information We Collect or Acquire from Third Parties or Other Sources
We may collect or acquire information about you from other users when they provide your information in connection with a referral program or when other users are requesting services on your behalf. We may also acquire your information from publicly available sources.
In instances where a rider and the driver is connected, phone calls and text messages between them may be collected. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the phone call or in app call, in app messages or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. When you use our help option, we may collect your call information, chat or email communications.
Hype may work with third party partners to perform background check on our partners or drivers including but not limited to driving, accident, medical and criminal records.
Our partner drivers or service providers may use in-vehicle cameras for your and their own safety and security purposes. Such practice is not done or conducted on behalf of Hype. While we do not endorse nor prohibit the use of such devices, we DO NOT collect, use, nor disclose any data from such in-vehicle recordings. The collection of information from in-vehicle cameras are solely upon the discretion and responsibility of our partners and service providers. Should you have objections to the use of in-vehicle cameras, please inform our partners or service providers.
Lastly, we may receive unsolicited information about you. If it is not related to any of our legitimate interests we will immediately dispose of the information in a way that is consistent with the requirements of the law. Otherwise, it will be treated in the same manner as any information you may have provided us.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will use the personal information you have provided us or those we may have acquired through a third party, only for the purpose or objective for which we have collected it. We may also process it for our own legitimate interests or for purposes as may be allowed by law. Depending on your circumstances and the data that is involved, the uses may include the following:
- For identity verification and validation;
- To create, maintain and update your account with Hype;
- To perform our obligation in relation to a contract entered with you;
- To validate booking and connect riders with drivers. This includes automated processing of your information to compute pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using Hype at a given moment.;
- To enable communications between our riders and drivers;
- To track the progress of your ride;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To process and manage your refunds, rewards and loyalty points;
- To provide, improve, expand, and promote the Hype App and/or services;
- To analyze data and perform market research;
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To investigate and address any concerns;
- To determine a driver’s eligibility to drive for Hype;
- To assess the safety and quality of our services;
- To assess and provide feedback for improvement of our driver’s performance and services;
- For administration and operation purposes;
- To process registration to participate in or attend an activity and to communicate with you concerning your attendance at the activity;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and Privacy Notices;
- For other necessary or appropriate actions, such as to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Hype's services, compliance with legal processes or information requests from public authorities, protection of our rights, properties, and operations, or those of our affiliates, and pursuit of available remedies under the law; and
- For other purposes we will specifically disclose at the time we request your information.
How We Share, Transfer or Disclose the Information We Collect
Our services and features may require us to share, transfer or disclose your personal data with other users, business partners, consultants, vendors or other third parties, at your request or as may be required by law. Such sharing and disclosure of information may happen in the following instances:
a. Sharing Between Users
For riders, we may share your name, rating, pick up and drop off location as well as your telephone number with our partner drivers.
For partners or drivers, we may share information with your rider(s) including your name and photo, vehicle make, model and color, license or conduction plate, vehicle photo, location, rating, how long you have been a Hype app partner, status of your PA or CPC and your contact information.
b. Sharing Between Hype and Third Parties
We may work or engage with business partners, consultants or other thirdparty service providers such as: vendors; payment processors and facilitators (e.g. PayMaya); cloud storage providers (e.g. Amazon Web Services or AWS); marketing partners and marketing platform providers; and research and data analytics providers to perform, facilitate and assist our services or functions on our behalf. We may share, disclose or grant access of your information with such providers or business partners to help us deliver the services we offer and run the Hype App.
We may also share or disclose your information to government agencies and other private entities in the following instances:
- If a government authority requests information in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- In cases where it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Hype, Hype community, or the riding public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
- To help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident with our insurance partners;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another corporate entity; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing to any other party.
We also collect information through the use of “cookies”, web beacons, tags, scripts and similar technologies to help us understand how you navigate through the Hype Platform and our website and to save your preferences and/or settings. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device. They are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps transmit information about you and your use of a service, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser.
Hype is committed to protecting your personal data. Rest assured that we take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. As such, we employ the necessary technical, organizational and physical measures which are at par with local and international data protection standards to keep your information secure and confidential. Your personal data shall only be accessed by authorized agents, employees or partners of our organization. These individuals are aware and are required to ensure the protection and confidentiality of your data at all times and are obliged not to disclose nor use the information for any other purpose.
Personal Data Retention and Deletion/Disposal
Hype retains your personal data for as long as you maintain your Hype account. Your personal data is stored and transmitted securely through different paper and electronic formats. These data are stored and retained on our secure servers and/or storage rooms. Unless otherwise provided or allowed by law, we shall only retain your personal data for as long as they are necessary to achieve the purpose/s for which they were collected. After which they shall be disposed properly and securely in accordance with law. However, we may also retain certain information if necessary for Hype’s legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security including as may be required by government authorities.
Your Rights as a Data Subject & How to Contact Us
Hype Data Protection Officer
Office No : +632 541 8887
Email : email@example.com
Address : Room 337 3rd. Floor Shaw Center Mall,
Shaw Boulevard cor. Nueve De Pebrero,
Mandaluyong City 1550
You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages and/or email messages by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +632 541 8887. Note, however, that opting out of receiving all SMS and/or email messages may impact your use of the Hype App and may cause you to miss important offers or promotions.
Links to Other Sites